Monday 30 July 2012

Vanilla perfumes... Love or Loathe? The ULTIMATE Vanilla fragrance!


Anyone who knows me will know that I love anything that smells of Vanilla. My perfume taste for the moment anyway, doesn’t get much more sophisticated or deeper than that.



Having said this, the search for the perfect, warm vanilla fragrance has been both physically and emotionally impossible! Having tried a long list of hopeful contenders, including...

  • Shalimar by Guerlain – to powdery, not really vanilla like to me. Disappointed
  • Vanilla by Molinard – far too sweet! More cotton candy, than dry vanilla. Disappointed
  • The body shop vanilla – Nice, but smells more of musk in my opinion. Disappointed
  • Bath and Body works vanilla sugar – Also nice, but smells slightly synthetic and yucky.


So far I only had one favourite vanilla scent which was Tom ford Tobacco Vannille. “A modern take on an old world men’s club. A smooth Oriental, Tobacco Vannille opens immediately with opulent essences of Tobacco Leaf and aromatic spice notes. The heart unfolds with creamy Tonka Bean, Tobacco Flower, Vanilla and Cocoa, and finishes with A Dry Fruit Accord, enriched with Sweet Wood Sap.”... 



Such a complex and sensual scent, I absolutely loved it. The £120 price tag for 50ml...Not so much. As much as i loved the fragrance, there was no way I could afford this mega price tag. So I just enjoyed my 1ml samples now and again that I grabbed myself off eBay ;) and the quest for the perfect vanilla fragrance continued...



I was looking for pure Vanilla, no other neighbouring ingredients fighting for my attention. However i didn’t want a tacky, synthetic, sugary Barbie-ish vanilla that you can get in kids play sets for £5, either. I wanted that strong, rich smell of pure vanilla essence! Sometimes i felt as though i might as well just do this! Haha!

Until i stumbled across this brand.... COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE
A beautiful, simplistic brand that have a huge range of unique scents, most of which include vanilla... Apricot Vanilla, Vanilla Amber, and Vanilla coco. However the fragrance that grabbed my attention was of course, Vanille Extreme. After reading a huge mass of rave reviews I sought out to grab myself a bottle of this heavenly stuff, after searching the web I found that the cheapest place was here



I thought the bottle was simple and elegant, not the most glamorous of bottle's but frankly, i didnt care as long as it smelt good! And With the first whiff of this stuff, I was in love. <3 Pure, sweet, warm, cake like vanilla! It smelled like the finest  vanilla extract. Just amazing. Such a comforting, yummy smell. I have gotten so many compliments on it, and couldn’t be happier with the way it smells, it deserved its very own blog post!

This fragrance, for me truly captures the smells of a beautiful French or Italian bakery filled with the yummiest cakes! Its combined ingredients make it the perfect concoction for any vanilla lover, mixing all the element to create the perfect scent.
- Vanilla sugar – for that sweet, “just baked” element!
- Vanilla absolute – for that strong, perfect vanilla smell!
- Tahitian Vanilla bean – for the dry richness and spicy-ness!

SO GOOD! I would recommend it to anyone who wants a pure vanilla scent, with no fighting notes, just plain good ol’ vanilla! Also, this is cheaper than most perfumes, with 97ml retailing at £37 you would probably pay that for only 30ml with a more "fancy" brand, and this smells way better than them anyway! Happy days!

Thanks for reading this and..Happy Smelling! Haha

Evelyn x~




No comments:

Post a Comment